About Particle Size Analysis
Micron Scientific offer a range of products for particle size analysis. We have a solution for almost any application and can measure any particle size – wet or dry. We offer a variety of particle size analysis techniques, which include laboratory, online, at-line and in-line processes. If your application requires a custom installation don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss.
What is it?
Particle size analysis is a means of determining the size distribution of particles, usually produced as a result of an industrial process.
The Benefits of Particle Size Analysis
The results produced by a particle size analyser are used by process engineers to control and optimise a process. Better control and optimisation result in the following benefits:
- Reduced product variation
- Consistent product quality
- Reduced production cost
- Reduced power consumption
- Reduced product waste
- Increased profitability.
Who uses it?
Any industry performing one of the following processes will benefit from using particle size analysis:
- Reduction of bulk solids to aggregates or powders
- Transformation of powders to solids
- Formation of particles by crystallisation or precipitation
- Formulation of emulsions.
Technologies used for Laboratory, At-line, On-line and In-line Particle Size Analysis
- Laser diffraction (Malvern Instruments)
- Light scattering (Process Metrix)
- Photo analysis (Wipware, Haver & Boecker)
- Particle sizing probes (Malvern Instruments, MTS)
- Screening (Haver & Boecker)